Sunday, October 2, 2022
60.1 F
HomeLarchmontVoice of Experience: CO Alarm a Must

Voice of Experience: CO Alarm a Must

I am writing to remind people that if you don’t already have a CO alarm, please get one. On Friday, I turned on the heat and went to walk the dog. When I returned, the alarm was going off.

There was no smell, so the carbon monoxide in my house would have gone undetected without the alarm.

The fire department (which did a fantastic job)came and made us leave the house. We were not allowed back in until we had a clean reading. The whole process took about 45 minutes. It turns out that my chimney was clogged. Squirrels had chewed through my cap and built a nest.

Now remind me: why did I buy a house?

— Submitted by Joyce Callahan

Readers are encouraged to remember the tragic lesson of Larchmont native Caroline Feuerbach and family.



Notify of

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Previous articleGo Tigers: Weekend MHS Games
Next articleWhat a Mess

C O M M U N I T Y • C A L E N D A R