Woo-hoo! It’s been a while since it was cold enough to skate on a real, live lake, like the Gardens Lake in Larchmont.
The Town of Mamaroneck announced the Lake is open for skating effective Monday afternoon (Jan. 27)
Here are the rules:
- Skate only when “Skating Permitted” signs are posted
- Skating is at one’s own risk
- Skating is only permitted from dawn until dusk. NO NIGHT SKATING
- Skating is only permitted in the designated areas
- Skaters may not access the island in the middle of the lake
- No organized hockey games permitted
or as we called it as kids “The Duck Pond”
here you go, should have included this: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=lakeside+drive,+larchmont+ny&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89c292212dd8d899:0x5e85da3ab22de1dc,Lakeside+Dr,+Larchmont,+NY+10538&gl=us&ei=g73nUpDbIufMsQSl0IHIDw&ved=0CCcQ8gEwAA
Where in Larchmont is Larchmont Gardens Lake?